[Cob] foundation

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Sun Apr 24 23:55:34 CDT 2005

Ted Owens in his new DVD about his tiny SB-adobe  house showed how he
did a trench with rubble and Urbanite ( the word you wanted) in it, the
a small pour of cement at the top  of X inches... so it saved on
consumption of portland cement for  a big perimeter pour.

  you could  mortar with a lime+sand traditional mix, but it sets over a
few days, and can't be inches thick... so if you start and have time it
could work for you in several areas.  or a combo  of lime and cement as
needed.

Charmaine Taylor Publishing    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO Box 375 Cutten CA  95534 USA  -- 707-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com  &  www.papercrete.com