[Cob] pipes

Jon emod at pngusa.net
Fri Apr 29 10:19:34 CDT 2005

Small correction, PEX will split if water freezes solid in it, particularly
where it comes in and out of solid mass. (i.e. right where it comes out of
the floor/ground or cob wall)  This is straight from experience (my arm
still aches from chiselling concrete to repair it)  Also, there are all
kinds of PEX, and the fittings don't all fit.  Make sure to get the fitting
at the same place that you get your tubing, or just make sure the fittings
fit your brand and type of PEX.

Radiant suppliers have a better price on larger rolls-1000+ feet if you
need.  If you need more than what Uber-hardware sells on a roll, it's worth
checking into.

-Jon