[Cob] outhouse & misc subjects

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Sat Apr 30 11:32:11 CDT 2005

Judith-  you go girl!    Dont  let'em  grind you down ( illigitimi non
carbarundum)

  cracks me up how squeamish  we all are...I was talking about my
"Nitrogen collection system"  - ie pee in a  bucket with captured cold
water from the shower- put on garden--- and my neighbor- friends just
shrank away at hearing about it.

I salvaged a new adult medical potty, [ steel frame, nice seat and lid,
salvaged free from dumpster- cost $150+ new]

I put a  clean 5 gallon bucket in the shower to catch the first cold
water coming out before use, then the  bucket goes under the potty,
gets used all day...and  at night I water a different part of the
garden.  The nitrogen in  urine ( which comes STERILE from your body
BTW)  helps compensate for the nitrogen-robbing redwood mulch we have
here.

My front flower garden is an amazing green thriving  biosphere...all
because it is getting the nutrient it needs.

  tell that to the semi-hippe daughter : >

>   Charmaine Taylor Publishing    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO Box 375 Cutten CA  95534 USA  -- 707-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com  &  www.papercrete.com
New& Used books: www.biblio.com

PS   on the bucket system you can have more than one rotating  for
"nitrogen collection" of course or let bucket sit in the sun to purify
after watering garden.

Carla Emery of Encyclopedia of Country Living always tells the storey
of sweet LOLs who come up to her and tell how they "tinkle in the
garden" and have pretty flowers.

On Apr 29, 2005, at 9:42 PM, JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:

> Yes I did watch the building with awareness DVD and was convinced that
> my decision to use cob was correct.

I made the mistake of telling my family that I was going to make my own
composting toilet according to the plans in the Humanure Handbook. Even
my semi-hippie/earthchild daughter made utterances of disgust