[Cob] Re: Papercreate (Washington, DC)

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Mon May 2 16:50:58 CDT 2005

Has anyone ever shown that paper-crete is superior to paper-cob?  As I
understand it paper- crete is not waterproof and must be treated otherwise it  will
deteriorate just like cob.
    On Thursday May 5 we will be putting paper-cob on  top of bamboo wattle
to form an experimental wattle and daub roof that will be  treated with boiled
linseed oil. I have made several cob roofed birdhouses and  the cob seems to
stand up pretty well to the weather.
    Anyone interested in helping out with this  experiment should give me a
call for directions. to St. John's preschool. Also,  I will be harvesting
Bamboo for the roof on Wednesday May 4 at the American  Horticultural Society.
Anyone interested in helping in exchange for obtaining  bamboo give me a call. _Ed
@ 703-360-2316_ (mailto:Ed@ 703-360-2316) .  Sorry for the short notice.
Ed