[Cob] Outhouse

jane at kirstinelund.dk jane at kirstinelund.dk
Thu May 5 13:50:31 CDT 2005

Lucynda wrote:

>  . . . we are willing to pay money to buy 50 pound bags of cow manure
but are horrified at the thought of putting our own manure on our
gardens.

Well, I'm told there are some bacteria in our own shit (and maybe other
omnivourous animals' too), which are particularly harmful to us. Properly
composted (over a few years) it shouldn't do any harm though.

But there are still regulations in my country forbidding use of human
manure (even composted) directly on plants that you eat. You may fertilize
fruit trees and other plants where the part that you eat have no contact
with the ground.

I don't know if this has rational background or not.

Jane