[Cob] Cobber's thumbs as thesis material

Lee Shultz Lee.Shultz at westrimcrafts.com
Fri May 6 16:22:28 CDT 2005

Hi, all.

I agree with Dorothy: it's SO easy to make a cobber's thumb, why buy it? I mean really! You can build a house, but you can't make a wooden cobber's thumb!? And isn't cobbing alot about self-sufficiency and independence? Anyway,....

The cobber's thumb has really saved me, though. I am very thin boned, and me hands are very delicate. I used my own thumb in that way and had swelling and pain for nearly two years, so I could not cob without a cobber's thumb. Most people don't have these problems. When you're short and delicate, you use tools when others don't have to use them.

Cheers, all.

Bev