[Cob] Cobbale

Teresa Banks tbanks98926 at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 21:13:32 CDT 2005

So, I got my latest newsletter from the Cob Cottage Co, with Ianto, and
I was slightly intrigued to read about CobBale.  I attended their
workshop a couple of summers ago, and loved it.  I think the Happy, or
was it Laughing House incorporated Cob and Straw Bale on the north
side.  The newsletter talked about it.  I helped a friend put an
addition onto her house with cob, and it took "ever so long".  I am
thinking about doing CobBale for my own.  I am one of those people who
love "instant gratification" which usually doesn't go well with most
natural building.

I am aware of my limitations.

So, my question is, has anyone on this list actually done CobBale, and
what did they think?  Did it go up considerably faster than straight
cob, and what about any building codes?

I must admit, that I want fast, and cheap, and yes, my instant
gratification!

Teresa

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail