[Cob] Cobbale

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun May 8 16:33:02 CDT 2005

Sounds good from here!

Makes sense too!

Karin wrote (snipped):

The Cob house I have now has its roof supported on an exterior ring of
posts. The cob is then built up the roof. I love the architectural aspects
of cob and how it can be shaped.   I am digging the foundation for my old
lady house and had planned to use excusively cob. After reading the article
in the cob web about Cobbale and thinking more about the active earthquake
faults around here I have been reconcidering. Maybe I will use cob for the
south and east wall and use cobbale for the North and west walls where more
insulation would work better. The West wall of the house will be porch and a
mud room. I think that I would still support the roof of the this stucture
on exterior posts (Minke"s suggestion for earthen buildings in seismic
zones)

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Karin