[Cob] east coast and samples

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 07:08:01 CDT 2005

Ed, how do you start your birdhouses?  On a board bottom or all woven?

Ed Raduazo--on the list--does kiddie workshops in the Washington DC area for
wattle and daub birdhouses.  Frame made of woven green sticks (good way to
use up the invasive privet, can fill in the gaps with--equally
invasive--honeysuckle),  cob--or cog-like mixture including clay, sand, and
probably a bit of fiber, daubed on.

This would require no more than a gallon of mix, I'd guess.
A sample, something smaller than an oven - that's a great idea. I'm
envisioning a kiddie pool in the middle of our new apartment to stomp around
in! =) Maybe I'll try a bird house.

Thanks,
-jill