[Cob] Summer projects - northern Europe

jane at kirstinelund.dk jane at kirstinelund.dk
Wed May 11 02:24:08 CDT 2005

I gather that most people on this list are americans, australians or the
odd asian or southern european. However, if anyone in northern Europe (or
anyone passing though the area) is interested in working on a cob house
this summer, he or she will be very welcome on our building site.

We live in east Jutland, Denmark, in a small eco-community (10 adults and
7 children right now, but planning on doubling this number over a few
years). Two other houses are in the late bulding phases, one wood and one
straw bale.

We have just started our house, and are stille working on the foundation
(stone). In june and probable some of july we will be building the roof
(with help from a friend who is a carpenter). Then we will start cobbing.
We will make double walls with paper insulation in between.

If anyone would like more information, please contact us.

Jane