[Cob] cobbale

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 17:56:59 CDT 2005

This one, the one that started the "[cob] cobbale" thread.  Actually all it
amounted to was a note that the latest issue of Cob Cottage's (I think) used
the term.  Somebody else wanted to know where to get a copy of the
newsletter.

Certainly flat on  pounded earth (pounded by many sheep running around the
edges!) is how the adobe churches of the south-west were started.

But for a permanent building in my climate where we are as likely to be
flooded in as snowed in (snow on the wall would count as water too), I'd
like to have not only a nice stemwall but also some protection against the
washing machine flooding out a wall from the inside.
Maria wanted to know:
What discussion group are you referring to ?

Also, do you know of any reason why strawbale wouldn't be able to be placed
on bare, compacted dirt (that is sloped down on all directions around the
exterior of the structure?