[Cob] RE: masonry heaters and pigment in plasters

Mary Lou McFarland louiethefifth at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 14:51:26 CDT 2005

I REALLY like the links Amanda sent for the MHA.  The small heater section
clarified the process for me , except where to put the damper.  Any
suggestions?  I was also wondering..where do you buy firebrick?  The only
source that I know of is a kiln manufacturing outlet (mail order) for people
re-building their kilns.
Also, being an old hand at coloring easter eggs, I know you set your colors
with vinegar.  Has anybody tried mixing their pigments with vinegar before
adding to the plaster mix?  I would think that it would offset the
characteristics of the lime a little bit anyway.