[Cob] wood & cob

Clint Popetz clint at cpopetz.com
Sun Jun 19 18:49:37 CDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 02:52:31PM -0700, mike poindexter wrote:
> how do you keep wood timbers from rotting while embeded partaly in cob ?
> (wood & dirt dont mix well)

Cob is bone dry when it's kept covered by a good roof.  There's no
moisture to rot the timbers.  And since there's no moisture...

> what about bugs? (termites, ants etc.)

...most bugs don't like really dry places.  I suppose termites or
carpenter ants could eat exposed timbers in cob, but they can do the
same to wood frame houses.  So the same guidelines apply.

			-Clint