[Cob] Types of clay, building in Toronto

Georgie Donais georgie at busygirl.ca
Wed Jul 6 07:37:42 CDT 2005

All,

Thanks to Alex for the information regarding types of clay; it helps to
clarify some information I've recently received. Also, Canadian straw/clay
building guru Dan Boileau was just telling me how he employs the same
labour-saving technique as Karen with his clay. He exposes it to winter
weather and, every spring, can scrape off about an inch of perfectly
powdered clay for building use.

Meanwhile, our Cob in the Park project is steaming along. We have just
completed the foundation, and will start cobbing on Saturday! Check out the
pics at www.cobinthepark.ca .

Georgie