[Cob] Local Responses, long rant

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 6 11:40:42 CDT 2005

It wasn't that long a rant, and not all North Murcan.  (that spelling from a
post-nuclear Science Fiction novel titled Davy--I read that back in the 60's
so I'm sticking by it)

I've got a big trash can filled with clay from my clay pile that has been
chiseled (!--sometimes it's shovelable, but I have resorted to crowbar) out
and rubbed through a half inch (13mm) screen, which is a little too large to
keep sharp stones from occasionally hitting one's feet,  but not too bad.
And for smallish projects a bucket of that mixed well with sand, and then
wetted down gives one a good mix pretty quickly.  And this clay could be
used for fired terracotta tiles!

Barbara wrote:
Warning: long rant, and perspective is North Murrican!