[Cob] great article!!

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 16 08:31:15 CDT 2005

   Cat here!  I'm doing some patching on my 100 year old brick building
   have been using lime,sand with some wood ash and have bonded the whole
   mess with strips of paper dipped in and slathered on to the old lath.
   It seems to be working well and I am getting no cracks.  Not much
   powdering either.  I have collected a bunch of baleing twine from
   local farmers who use the stuff once and dump it.  I was crocheting it
   into door mats and such but the thought of adding a matrix of it to my
   ceiling holes sounds interesting!
   for the good of all C.
   <copperharding at yahoo.com>,<coblist at deatech.com>
   >Subject: Re: [Cob] great article!!
   >Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:06:34 -0700
   >
   >Quin's suggestion of embedded rope is echoed in current strawbale
   testing
   >with hemp netting, knotted at every intersection, particular mesh
   size
   >specified by the engineer according to the testing, stitched through
   the
   >bales and affixed on a particular nailing schedule to the plates.
   Hemp is