[Cob] Limewash

Rodger Chenoweth rodger at nelsonbuddha.com
Wed Aug 24 11:21:28 CDT 2005

Thank you Ed, and the others that replied to me.  I've been having
better results now... I'm surprised how long it takes to get a smooth
durable surface... many thin coats!  I tried putting thicker coats on
but they just flaked.

I've heard differing opinions about which is the superior lime... Type
S hydrated lime that one can buy at building supply stores, or true
traditional lime putty from slaked quicklime(which I assume is hard to
find in North America).  Any comments?

Rodger