[Cob] Solutions for housing shortage? (fwd)

cob at organicart.com cob at organicart.com
Fri Sep 2 22:33:42 CDT 2005

Cobbers,
This is a email I received from a victim of the hurricane.
I'm not sure if she would like her info placed on the list, so I will
relay any information or contacts until I hear otherwise.
Someone out there might be able to help.
Any ideas?

Michael

<snip>

I had purchased the book the hand sculpted house and have been planning
to build my own cob cottage in the near future. I live in the New
Orleans, Louisiana area and I am one several hundreds of thousands of
people that has been displaced due to hurricane Katrina.You may have
watched the news and seen the devastation in the gulf south region. Our
city has been engulfed by water and is now expected to be toxic and
uninhabitable for many months or longer.
I am asking anyone that may be able to help up to come up with solutions
for our housing shortage to please offer their input. We have close to a
million people that may be homeless for a very long time. I feel that
cob structures would be a practical and economical building method. I
ask anyone with the time and knowledge to help educate and instruct us
to cob and other building methods that could work for us here in this
region. Any suggestions and help would be so greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Angela...

</snip>