[Cob] Introduction and Workshops

Charner Rouse charner at charner.org
Tue Sep 13 10:41:22 CDT 2005

Hello all!

I am new to this forum and am very excited about
the information that this group can share.

I am starting my masters thesis this semester and
will be looking at the benefits and barriers of
(oregon) cob construction.  Currently, I have several
good books such as the Hand-Sculpted House, Cob-Builder's
Handbook, The Natural House, and am looking for other
articles/publications.  Anything dealing with the building
code or any structural information would be more than
greatly appreciated.

Also, as the second part of the thesis, I am looking
to show a section of cob walls with and without plaster.
It is my hope that I will be able to test some thermal
properties of these walls.  In doing so, I need a good
workshop w/i the next three months.  I'm in Georgia
but will be willing to travel to just about anywhere
in the states.  A weekend course or an experienced cobber
wanting help for the weekend would be perfect.

Thanks for any info!
-Charner