[Cob] Introduction and Workshops

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Tue Sep 13 11:06:37 CDT 2005

HI Charner - I was up at Cob Cottage after Christmas last year and got
to the the long running cob wall, as shown in the book Hand Sculpted
House... with winter damage, and delamination of plaster on the walls,
and around the outdoor hearth ( as pictured on the back cover.

Ianto later just replastered it nicely...so it is perfect again.
apparently the  winds and rain can do quite a bit of damage to the top
plaster coat, but all else was fine.  Not sure why so much
delamination/wear-off of plaster occurred, or if it was a couple years
worth  of damage, or misapplied by students, etc...   email me off list
and I can send a couple pics of the
before"   repair.

On Sep 13, 2005, at 8:41 AM, Charner Rouse wrote:

> Also, as the second part of the thesis, I am looking
> to show a section of cob walls with and without plaster.
> It is my hope that I will be able to test some thermal
> properties of these walls.  In doing so, I need a good
> workshop w/i the next three months.  I'm in Georgia
> but will be willing to travel to just about anywhere
> in the states.  A weekend course or an experienced cobber
> wanting help for the weekend would be perfect.
>
> Thanks for any info!
> -Charner

Charmaine Taylor Publishing
   www.paperartists.com
PO Box 375 Cutten CA  95534 USA  707-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    www.papercrete.com