[Cob] Also new here!

Bobbi Chukran bobbi at bobbichukran.com
Tue Sep 13 12:14:23 CDT 2005

Howdy all!

I'm also new here, and am researching alternative building materials
for our new, smaller house (1500 sq. ft.--one story).

I would like to avoid stick built housing if at all possible, but
have many health issues that prevent some types of alternative
building........such as allergies to mold, dust mites, etc.  We are
also in a subdivision that *might* frown on anything that looks
completely different from the other houses out here.  Straw bale is
out because of the allergies, mold issues and problems with heavy
horizontal rains and humidity levels here.

So....over the last few years, I have researched most of the
alternatives out there (even papercrete), but the one that intrigues
me the most is cob building.  I'm an artist and sculptor who uses
paperclay right now, so the idea of the cob house REALLY appeals to
me.

I was wondering.....is anybody doing any workshops in the Austin, TX
area this fall/winter?

Looking forward to participating.

Bobbi C.
http://www.bobbichukran.com