[Cob] Cob On Top of Tires

beno beno at web.vi
Sun Sep 18 02:19:33 CDT 2005

Okay, so it sounds like a test of the tire foundation is in order. But
what of setting cob on top of the tires? After all, they meet in a
point. Won't that point be unstable and suseptible to cracking? Should I
build the foundation one tire higher and then downfill cob to the next
lowest level, or will that lowest portion of cob not be structurally
significant? Or, perhaps I should search around for some larger size
rocks to stack on top of the gaps between the two highest layers of tires?
beno