[Cob] rice flour

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:53:28 CDT 2005

Interesting.  I've heard about rice hulls (light-weight, flammable only with
difficulty, but if you can get it burnt it makes a fine pozzolan for lime)
and rice straw (hard on the hands and feet, but strong) having building
uses.  First time I've heard about plain rice.

Luanna wrote:

I was watching a Nat'l Geo on the Great Wall and was
interested to see that part of the wall had mortar
which had outlasted the rock.  The key ingredient was
rice flour.  I did a searcha and found a site which
says that a lightly boiled rice paste is one of the
strongest glues for paper goods.