[Cob] vermiculite, pumice, perlite suppliers?

raduazo at aol.com raduazo at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 12:01:56 CDT 2005

Masonry grade lime has been fired to a very high temperature to drive off CO2 and water. The water is then added back to the mix and it is dried. When you add water to this mix and put it up an a wall and keep the wall moist for a couple of days the lime absorbs CO2 from the air and turns back to limestone on the wall.
Gardening grade lime is just ground up lime stone which has not been fired has not had the CO2 removed and thus it remains a powder. It never hardens because it is already limestone.