[Cob] Lifting vigas

JUDITH WILLIAMS williams_judith at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:07:03 CDT 2005

Thanks for all the imaginative and very helpful suggestions, some I had
thought of myself, others new to me. What I'll probably do is have a guy
with a tree service truck come out and lift it for me. I just got off the
phone with him. I gave him the  dimensions and the scenario and he says it's
baby stuff for him, his truck can handle 6 tons and he does this all the
time. He usually charges $200/day but since my job is so straightforward and
relatively small he'll give me a good deal. Now I have to put the push on
and get all my vigas peeled and ready to go so I can have him do all the big
ones while he's out there. He's planning on moving in a month or so - can't
stand New Mexico?!?!?! Today I, by myself, cut and hauled 9 large logs from
a site about 2 miles from where I'm building. PHEW! I do believe most people
would be astounded at what they could accomplish if they just put their
entire effort into it. I think a lot of people don't even try things that
seem out of their scope. I'm really leraning a lot about myself and what I'm
capable of. Thanks to all of you for your interest and encouragement. PS. I
should add that the logs I got had already been felled. I just cut them to
the sizes I needed and loaded them into the truck and took them home.