[Cob] radiant floor and color

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 10:23:02 CDT 2005

Concrete colors from the local hardware store may be pretty benign.  We're
using "charcoal" to make black right now, for stripes in the floor.

Otherwise, there's this place--very green, lots of right expensive products.
  Their colors can be used for almost anything.  Look at the earth colors.

http://www.bioshieldpaint.com/catalog/default.php

Thanks for the brick-making link, Bill.  There's been a thread on another
group about making bricks.

On the other question, sure.  You'd need one of those add-on water heaters
reservoirs for your stove, and a tank to hold hot water.  And a pump if you
can't put water pressure into your system.  Might not be that bad.  Might be
a lot of ongoing work.

Could you use a rocket stove/cob bench somehow to get underfloor heat--would
the day-to-day work be less?  I don't know.

These people sell direct to the consumer, no idea AT ALL about their
REPUTATION.  The do like solar.

http://www.radiantec.com/

Bill replies to Katherine (snipped, even of something I'm replying to--oh,
well)
And I see them put bags of color into the clay as the clay is mixed to make
bricks.
On their web site they call it adding additives...
I also haul from 3 different pits, which they blend to make their bricks.
http://www.ochsbrick.com/ is where you not only find their address,
but see a really neat tour/view of how the bricks are made.

 > I heard that it is possible to heat your cob floor with hot water piping
running from the wood burning stove - does anyone have any info on this?