[Cob] has anyone made their own quicklime?

karl and tabitha o'melay karl at omelay.com
Wed Oct 12 19:43:43 CDT 2005

i guess i'll do the lime experiment along with ben (my boss & historic
stone mason) he just came back from a conference where they made it. he
knows all the specifics regarding it. I'll let him handle the stuff.

he says it is dangerous but fairly easy to make and with proper
precautions.

i imagine that my wood stove gets above 1752 degrees F. since the
efficiency of the unit suggests that it burns the gassified wood which
(if memory serves) is above 1800 degrees F.

i'll let you know if the experiment takes place and the results.

not to worry i'm wearing gloves, a rubber apron and goggles just writing
about quicklime.

k-)