RE. [Cob] sustainability

yourfavoriteElf ofthemall yourfavoriteelf at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 23 14:21:37 CDT 2005

Wow!   Thanks for the passionate........................ATTACK!!!!

I havn't seen one of those in a while.

Opportunity for enlightenment? -  Agreed.  It can happen to us? -  Agreed.
It's happening all the time in small instances. MY point, is  it seems that
the very  reason we are able to build 'sustainably' now, is because of the
scale in which we are doing it. As long as capitalism is the system that
dominates in our societies around the world, the materials we build with are
arbitrary. We could be using limestone, aggregate, glass, petroleum, or
anything we want to sustainably.

So, why not keep our permaculture skills a quiet revolution so that
developers cant capitalize on the new eco train thats rolling in. And spring
it on them when their numbers are small enough to have no effect on our
revolution!

As far as biodiesel goes, I know where it comes from. I've read books &
taken classes on it and have made it in small batches. It can and does come
from "waste" oil, but is that sustainable? Concidering that we would have to
have about a 1000 times as many gallons per year of fryer grease for the
cause. Thats alot of unhealthy people out there eating fried foods, not to
mention that the oil doesn't start out "recycled" - Research fuel oil grown
in algae. We simply have to USE less.

PEOPLE do dig their own clay from under their topsoil, DEVELOPERS of 3000
square ft. cob homes do not! They buy materials from corporations that
control OUR natural resources at prices created based on a false world
economy! I said nothing about a new species, I was refering to all of us
human beings not being responsible enough to know when NOT to exploit or
"capitalize".

I wonder if you would have given me the FOX news bit 6 years ago when they
were spewing the same crap, but it hadn't cought on as a catch phrase within
the alternative thinking community yet. Maybe you feel comfortable using it
because of some of Michael Moores films.  Well, either way it's an
incredibly shallow and inefective attempt to discredit what I am talking
about.

As you say, I might be a Troll, but you my friend,  sound like a FOOL!