[Cob] Keep it civil/coblist kahuna hits road again

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Mon Oct 24 11:47:32 CDT 2005

Lets try to keep the discussion civil on the list and try not to wander to far
off topic.

I am going to be out of town for the next 3-1/2 months (mostly Australia), and
I may not be able to check my email for a week or more at a stretch, this has
several implications:

    1 - If people get nasty or behave inappropriately, I am far more likely
        to just remove them from the list since I won't have time to deal
        with and check up on them.  Remember, just because someone is nasty
        to you doesn't mean you have to respond, and even if you feel you
        have to, you can always reply privately and keep the argument off
        the list.

    2 - If you have a problem with your account/list access, please be
        patient, it may take awhile for me to respond, and you can always
        read the latest postings by checking the archives.

    3 - If there is a system failure, it may take some time to get fixed,
        I have prepared two spare computers to replace the main server,
        but the process is far from automatic (maybe before my next trip
        I will manage to automate it), so it will require me to intervene
        via telephone (once I know there is a problem) to get things
        running again.

    4 - Generally speaking, if the web site is working, the list is working
        since they run on the same computer.

    5 - There are always unforseen circumstances, I will deal with
        them as soon as I am able, please be patient.