Fw: [Cob] RE: Sustainability

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:51:43 CDT 2005

It all depends on the Habitat chapter that is doing the building.  I've seen
some pictures from, I think the tsunami areas, that looked worse than the
corrugated iron buildings the military used to build in Micronesia.  But
some Habitat houses stood up better than most in Hurricane Andrew,
conventional ones that had no overhangs for the wind to grab and use to peel
the roof, some that were ferrocement.  Unpaid workers, not trying to save
time by cutting corners may have helped too.

Joe R. DuPont wrote (snipped)
The point is that Habitat for Humanity is building exactly the same kind
of building that has helped to cause the problems we are in.