[Cob] green preservatives for timberframe logs?

Anna Young avjyoung at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 5 15:21:14 CST 2005

We are peeling the bark off the logs for our timberframe just now. The enviro-friendly deck oil we were going to use is no longer in stock at the only place in town we could find it. We want to get something on the logs quick as they are getting a few beetle holes once peeled, even under cover. Any suggestions on what we could use? Needs to be green as it will go on all of the log and will be exposed permanently in the house.

Thanks,

Anna
building a timberframe with cob/strawbale infill in Victoria, BC.