[Cob] tiles, showers, wetness

Bill&Julie wkbjkb3 at mn.rr.com
Wed Nov 16 15:12:33 CST 2005

Hello,,
There are many want to tackle the wet thingy with cob.
As we know COB does not like wet.
The first thing that pops into mind is a one piece
shower of plastic...
As far as tiles go,,,  how much ongoing labor do you want?
Tiles do not bend, other things do. If we glue tiles to wood.
And it moves or bends, the glue will pop loose.
The practice now is to use a CEMMENT backer board to glue
the tiles to. Thinset is the product of choice for glueing.
Myself ,, I would make a Ferro-Cemment stand alone
bathroom inside my COB house. Then I could tile the
whole inside of the bathroom. And never have to worry
'bout nothin'..
The minnnimalllist way ,, would be to have a full length
shower curtain that completely encicles the inside of the shower
stall....Of course,, you still need a tub/ pan or something
on the bottom for the drain....   Idea Forge Bill