[Cob] tiles, showers, wetness

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 09:06:38 CST 2005

   Cat here!  Has anyone considered centering your shower so that it has
   no walls?  Much easier to keep clean.  just slope the bath floor to
   the center drain and let the rain fall! Water pipes could be supported
   by a ceramic water diety Or Japanise'e wood with a boat finish??  If
   one must have walls, sheets of glass say in an octoganal shape that
   can be sqweegeed down after? Silicon joints as with a fish tank.
   Supports above could be commen copper pipe the soft stuff coxed into a
   fillagree.  A nicely placed privete garden window and instant exotic.
   Unless you are a feng Shui purist, the copper pipes might be allowed
   to inhance the overall look of the bath by being seen and a scavanged
   chunk of granite (ask around at the local head stone places, sometimes
   they cut a stone wrong or the client dosen't pay and they have them in
   the bone pile for allot less) First floor ground level best because of
   weight.  Then a nice big hand thrown bowl with a hole for the drain on
   top and wa-la sink, counter shower ledge for bath stuff all in the
   center. Not to mention a dramatic view from the  door.

   for the good of all C.