[Cob] Cob/cordwood hybrid--plaster question...

yew yewberry at wavecable.com
Fri Jan 6 02:34:33 CST 2006

The husband and I are still hashing out our plans to build a tiny cob
cottage on our 20 acres.  More and more I'm liking the idea of a hybrid
building, mostly because of the speed of construction and the
availability of free roundwood on our property.  Trouble is, the husband
*hates* the way cordwood masonry (and "cobwood") looks.

So I'm wondering, is there any reason we couldn't just recess the logs
slightly and plaster right over them?  We certainly had no trouble
making cob/plaster stick to wood on our cob bench, so I don't imagine it
would be much of an issue.  Am I missing anything?  Is there any reason
why it might not work?

Brina