[Cob] Cob/cordwood hybrid--plaster question...

Rodger Chenoweth rodger at nelsonbuddha.com
Fri Jan 6 06:40:57 CST 2006

Brina,
I've been contemplating this for a while... and I love the idea.  I
can't see why not.  The clay will protect the log ends, as well as
allow them to breath.  In effect, it should make a more seamless,
longer lasting product where ants, rain, mould etc will have a harder
time taking hold.

Specifically I was thinking of it mostly in cold wet climates (eg
Nova Scotia, Maine), where the wall is more likely to get snow and
driving rain on it... and the log ends if not covered might be wet on
and off for a long time.  It's easier to repair a section of plaster
than a 2 foot log:)

Let me know how it goes ok?

Cheers
Rodger