[Cob] Cob/cordwood hybrid--plaster question...

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 7 09:52:55 CST 2006

Concrete is what nearly everybody used 20 years ago, and the house is still
fine.  They are still living in it very happily.

Building it today, I would want to examine other alternatives to pure
concrete.  But I know a couple of people who believe that 5% portland cement
is needed for cob.  Especially down towards ground level.

(isn't breath was the noun form?)

Rpdger wrote (snipped):
I wouldn't want to use a cement based product... it won't breath.   Worse it
will wick water to the wood.  I think 'cobwood' with an  earthen or lime
plaster would do marvelously.