[Cob] foundation, concrete MINKE EQ BOOK

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Wed Jan 11 16:17:12 CST 2006

PHIL- The walls in a Nevada City  CA  LSC home were 12'-14', in a vry
hot dry climate in Calif so I think they dried well.

What I have done to to make CAST blocks in the sun all summer, and they
can then be added to wall thickness in the fall to already dried walls.
a butter of clay-lime mortar sticks them together.

the disadvantage of block drying is tat they may be unevern, not fit
the wall space neatly, need to be trimmed, added to etc.  BUT it is a
good option if you need to get the job done over one summer-fall time.

here is a photo of the  block-tray system I used last summer to make
infill bricks of sawdust-clay-lime with cob plaster
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com/builwitalfre.html

  ALSO- I HAVE THE MINKE Earthquake file- 3 MB book- which is not
online anymore.
http://www2.gtz.de/Basin/publications/books/ManualMinke.pdf

  if anyone want to  email me off list I can send it to you.. high speed
net advised-- loong D/L on slow servers

I also sent this to Predrag already

Charmaine Taylor Publishing
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
Free $5. Rocket Stove booklet with any Order thru 1-31-06
Tel:  707-441-1632   MORE Building DVDs in stock