[Cob] foundation, concrete

phil phawn1 at excite.com
Tue Jan 10 19:41:52 CST 2006

On the subject of straw/clay it is important to note that you have to be careful about the thickness. 18 inches would be pushing it as far as drying completely through before the straw starts to mold or rot. It is also important to build those walls as early in the spring as possible to insure they dry completely before adding plaster in the summer.

I will be conducting a free workshop on straw/clay in late March here at Berea College. I'll keep you posted.

Phil Hawn, Student - Berea College

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com