[Cob] insulation

phil phawn1 at excite.com
Thu Jan 19 21:49:05 CST 2006

Why not use slip straw on the inside of the north wall as insulation? Better yet, don't use cob where it can't get sun light to warm it up. It will suck the heat out of your home. If you can make your home shallow north to south so that your south facing windows can throw sunlight on your north wall making it into a trombe wall.

Just a thought.

Phil Hawn, Student of Sustainability and Environmental Studies at Berea College
http://www.berea.edu/sens/