[Cob] Linseed oil/Radiant heat floors

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 21 14:06:24 CST 2006

   Cat here!  I have no direct experiance with it but was told by a
   friend who built a house with heated floors and mexican tile that she
   experianced severe cracking of the soles of her feet.  She wanted hot
   rocks to walk on bare foot and aparently the linseed oil or whatever
   that they seal the tiles with was warmed enough to leech into the
   skin.  I would suggest some small experiments with heat at the temp
   one would be expecting to use and a tile of the mix to see how it
   reacts and how long oil comes to the surface if at all.  I would be
   more inclined to go with a fired glazed tile slate or some natural
   stone rather than clay.
   for the good of all C.