[Cob] Summer Cob in Midwest?

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:25:27 CST 2006

It also kind of depends on what you mean by midwest.

For instance The Farm is in an adjoining state , and they often have
something in the way of formal courses--yep, taught by among other people
Howard and Katey.  Mind you there are not manh miles in contact between the
two states, and we'd call Tennessee the mid-south or upper south, but The
Farm might only be about 160 miles from the Mississippi River at Memphis,
probably a little less to Dyersburg.  Here's a list of their stuff.  (of
course it's betwixt and between distance from me--just in order to stay
there, I'd have to put the dogs and cats in the kennel, but it's just close
enough that I could lose a lot of company and fellowship by commuting about
45 minutes each way daily.)

http://www.thefarm.org/etc/

And aren't there some people in South-Western Michigan who do a lot with
plastering workshops, and at least one of our people on this list in "one of
them northern midwest states.?"

Bill C. replied to Carmen:
At 3:55 PM -0500 2/20/06, carmenkittiecat at aim.com wrote:
>I'm in St. Louis, MO. Does anyone know of any cob (and/or strawbale)
>activities in the Midwest this summer? I've looked around to no avail, not
>sure if I'm searching correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know of any yet - such projects often don't announce this many
months in advance - but keep an eye on our sustainable building calendar at
http://greenbuilder.com/calendar/ .  We try to post all the good stuff we're
aware of, and since it's self-service, there are often events which we
otherwise wouldn't have been aware of.

Also, you may want to check out our Willing Workers in Alternative
Technology networking list.  See http://greenbuilder.com/wwat/ for details.

--
Bill Christensen