[Cob] building codes

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at habitat.org
Tue Mar 7 16:13:50 CST 2006

I would say the "electricity" decision is a major part of attempting to
get a building permit or not.

Around here in Georgia that is what they use to force you to get a
building permit. The electric company will not install electricty
without it. Thus if you are not going for Electricity then not much
reason for permit... Or at least that is the way it works here in
Georgia.

A good start is to visit with the county official where you intend to
build and to just start a conversation with him / her to find out what
they even think of the idea since the view points of individuals can
vary greatly from county to county.

Pat