[Cob] spray gun, hopper gun, texture sprayer, tirolessa

Pack McKibben gakayaker at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 20:38:54 CST 2006

I've got a tech question from Georgia.  I've done some plastering on
three   different projects and find it very time consuming.  I've enjoyed
every minute of the process, but now have a project that I'd like to complete a
little faster.  I've been thinking about buying one of those tirolessa sprayers and
an  air compresser, but alas, find the tirolessa to be to expensive
besides  the fact that it takes a large air compresser (5HP, 40 gal tank, 7cfm)...

Has anyone used other ways to spray on earthen plasters?  I want to
use a lime/papercrete plaster over a tire wall.  I've thought I'd try a
texture or hopper type sprayer.  Anyone got experience with  spraying
plaster? and can you tell me what type spray gun you used and  how big the
air compresser? HP, CFM, size of tank, etc....thanks

 Yahoo! Mail