[Cob] Compost toilet and basement

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 5 16:22:27 CDT 2006

IIRC that's that the U.S. park service has done with its tank-type
composting toilets.  But the question becomes--how do you get the compost
out--the opening looks to be within inches of the bottom of the tank.

What I see on this page:

http://www.compostingtoilet.com/Public/BUILDING/index.htm

are hillside placements.  Right steep hillside placements.

Something like those basement doors that go in from the outside, open from
the top??

these kind of things?  Or are they not quite sturdy enough for a park?

http://www.bilco.com/foundations/store/scresults.asp?name=Classic%20Series%20Sloped%20Wall&ngroup=6&category=119

Georgie wrote:

As a compromise, my contact wonders if we can bury the (composting toilet's)
tank a little, three to four feet, then we could ramp up a couple of feet
for the floor. The building could have exterior dimensions of a bit less
than 10" x 10".

Any suggestions?