[Cob] Compost toilet and basement

Georgie Donais georgie at busygirl.ca
Sun Apr 9 10:32:18 CDT 2006

It's true that usually these kind of toilets appear to be built into
hillsides. We don't have one close, so I'm trying to figure out a flat
ground installation. I like the door option that Amanda suggests, but am
still unsure as to whether I can go ahead and make a small cob building,
with proper drainage, that has a "basement" in it. Is a foundation likely
to hold, and if so, then what are my best foundation options?

Georgie