[Cob] visit EE Round wood, posts, deck

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Mon Apr 24 13:46:23 CDT 2006

  EE is a wonderful place to visit or work
for a day or three to gather much wisdom about how to do everything
related
to natural building and community living.
  Barbara

What Barbara said  ----plus
   you can visit  WWW.EMERALDEARTH.ORG       and see many images.

the best person is Daryl Berlin- he is doing more active wood building
I think.

Daryl Berlin	Emerald Earth	PO Box 764, Boonville, CA  95415
707/972-3096	daryl at emeraldearth.org

Michael Smith	Emerald Earth	PO Box 764, Boonville, CA  95415
707/972-3096	michael at emeraldearth.org

they are off grid so phone calls to them arePRICEY for them-- but try
emailing Daryl or Michael.

I saw some wonderful cribbed redwood foundations there lst yar.  big
plnks are installed at ground level over rubble, with rubblestone
inbetween, wth large bolts, so when the wood rots out in 30+ years they
just replace one or two planks as needed.

very smart, and all the wood  used is from on site, including scrap
wood branches use.

email me off list for a couple pics I can send you via email attachment
< 400K each

although they did say they have spent more in the last house build than
any ever before on purchased mateials..so it is getting harder to use
just what is there.

Lastly,  I m putting together a teaching CD for sale  on   lime and
clay use and  cob building  with extensive information on using natural
materials for plasters, etc..  Plus a BONUS folder of all images from
the builder's gathering at Emerald Earth-- that place is so inspiring!

Charmaine Taylor Publishing
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO BOX 375 CUTTEN CA 95534
Tel:  707-441-1632   MORE Building DVDs in stock