[Cob] Natural Builder -animals to trod

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Sat May 6 18:48:39 CDT 2006

there are several records of cattle or horses  trodding and mixing
clay-straw to make cob, and  the people pitchforking it onto walls.

One historical record I read:    an accountant for a wealthy landholder
visited some farms  purchased and reported back that the   people there
  used this method.. of course the droppings are good for plaster, and
cob too.

having them walk around on a grain mill  grinding track was prolly the
start,  so  toss in some clay for them to stomp and the  animals are
doing two jobs at once.

On May 6, 2006, at 4:19 PM, Rodger Chenoweth wrote:

> Traditionally horses were used for making plaster...
>>

>> Does anyone use animals to mix COB???

Charmaine Taylor Publishing
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO BOX 375 CUTTEN CA 95534
Tel:  707-441-1632   MORE Building DVDs in stock