[Cob] Natural Builder -animals to trod

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Sat May 13 10:35:19 CDT 2006

   Cat here!  yes on the trodding by horses and other.  other I don't
   know much about but horses I do.  sticky mud can pull tendons, keep it
   thin add straw if it gets too wet or deep.  watch for little sharp
   stones they can bruse a hoof.  also keep a good eye on the condition
   of the hoof.  too much moisture can degenerate and cause fungus rots
   as well as wear down the hoof too fast.  think wet sand paper. If the
   horse has shoes mud can suck them off I don't know if it's better to
   remove them for the project or not?  Maybe someone else on the site
   could field that one??

    Like any repititious activity one day on one day off watch for sore
   legs.  horses do and will slip in mud use an animal that has a bomb
   proff temperment.  feed up for hard work and long hours but not so
   much pony wants to steeple chase!

    great time to put a few wee ones up for a ride. Most horse are very
   polite with children.   who ever is walking the beast better wear
   boots or heavy footwear.  No flip flops no bare feet.  chances are
   when Equis walks on your foot it will just painfully mash into the mud
   not break it but you'll be lame for a few.  Have fun!
   for the good of all C.