[Cob] playground structures

Carrie J Horne hms.mommy at juno.com
Sat May 13 03:14:12 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I wonder if any of you have a copy of Dig Your Hands in the Dirt by Kiko
Denzer.  On the order form from the Cob Cottage Co., it says this book
has "descriptions of projects and dirctions for...playground and other
structures..."  I am in the process of designing a play area for my
children, and I would love to see some ideas.  If you have this book, can
you tell me if it has pictures of, say, slides?  or swings on a cob
frame?  or climbing structures?  If so, I will buy it.

If you know of a website that has pictures of any of these kinds of
things and can give me a heads up, I would appreciate that too.

BTW, Charmaine Taylor sells a wonderful book called Sandcastles Made
Simple.  I love the idea of using cob to make a castle-like play area.
When I saw this book, I threw out my sketches for a rectangular playhouse
and tore down the model.  Today I have been rebuilding the model to
include a spiral slide that wraps around a circular building.  I plan to
keep this model!  It will make a great doll house.

Cheers,
Carrie
Salt Lake City