[Cob] Lime

Thomas Gorman tom at honeychrome.com
Sun Jun 4 08:09:42 CDT 2006

It will be at least a couple years before we'll have a need for it,
but I want to get a jump on soaking some lime for future plasters,
etc.  I was at a cob workshop this past week and was talking with the
instructor for a plastering workshop that was following and he
mentioned/recommended Graymont hydrated lime.  I didn't take note of
the specifics, and see on their website that they produce a few
different hydrated limes-
     * High Calcium Hydrated Lime
     * Dolomitic Hydrate Type N
     * Dolomitic Hydrate Type S
     * Dolomitic Hydrate Type SA
     * Niagara Lime Putty
     * Food Grade Hydrate
     * Lubricant Additive Hydrate
I'm guessing it would be S or SA....  and I seem to remember mention
of Superlimoid.....
Anyone know/have experience?
Thanks